FP fans, meet Tyra Berger, a therapist in Upper Marlboro, MD!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
I would describe the style of my office as modern-cozy, and warm.
Clients really say that they feel comfortable in my office and that it’s modern and cozy.
One thing I was thinking of doing was changing out my carpet because a lot of clients feel they want to take their shoes off to not get the carpet dirty because it’s mostly white.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
I hope my office vibes are warm and cozy and inviting, and place where people feel comfortable to share and be open.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
I have oil aroma diffuser, and blankets.
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
I decorated and designed my office myself. I did not get any help. I spent a lot of time finding the perfect items and furniture for my office.
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
I would tell other therapist to research design spaces or also research styles that they like to pick from those things to replicate in their own office.
Tyra Berger is a MSMFT & LGPC in Upper Marlboro, MD…