FP fans, meet Kristen Breese, a therapist in Frankfort, IL!
Her original FP feature appeared in April 2018: Relaxed & Eclectic in Illinois. She’s now letting us into her new office in this re-feature!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
The style of my office in Frankfort, IL is relaxed but chic. Each room is simple but has its own style and vibe.
Overall, it is still a place you can kick your feet up and relax.
I try to incorporate as many natural wood pieces juxtaposed with modern lighting, interesting art and comfortable seating.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
The vibe of the office is warm, soft, and modern. I like that the offices are comfortable but have an edge to them.
My philosophy of wanting people to live their best life is reflected in the decor. I try to create meaningful and peaceful environments that are soothing to the soul.
Having a space that is clear of clutter helps people feel more at ease and provides a template for the clients to create a space for themselves, emotionally and physically.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
Sound machines are a must. We have coffee, herbal tea, filtered water and good music.
We like it to smell good too so fresh flowers and plants help make it feel less like an “office” and more like a home environment.
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
I am obsessed with designing offices… It has become one of my favorite parts of my career as a group practice owner. I see myself as a curator of spaces and connector of people.
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
Set a realistic budget and stick to it by being creative. I get a lot of my items on Facebook Marketplace and resale.
Always look at your office with a fresh eye, I like to move my furniture around from room to room to create new looks too.
Often times, I think you can more creative if you have a smaller budget, just because it costs more, does not necessarily make it better.
Kristen Breese is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in Frankfort, IL…