FP fans, meet Sasha Dimitrjevitch, a therapist in Miami, FL!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
Our practice is warm, cozy, and comfy! We pay attention to small things, like colors and lighting.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
We try to create an “at home” environment in our office and try to stay away from a “doctor’s office” vibe in order to instill a sense of calmness and promote healing.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
We offer our clients water and tea while they wait in our lobby. Our office suites have blankets, pillows, two different types of lighting, sound machines and stress balls. All of these little things definitely help our clients feel more relaxed when they come to see us.
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
My husband and I designed and decorated our practice. We actually had to redesign and remodel the office after we moved in, to make it more conducive to therapy.
In addition to painting, having new floors installed and decorating, we also had some walls built, installed a waiting room door, and even had an additional office suite built when we started to expand.
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
Do as much of it yourself as you can! It will decrease the cost and also, it can be fun!
Sasha Dimitrjevitch is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in Miami, FL…