FP fans, meet Monica T. Campbell, a therapist in Philadelphia, PA!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
I like to think of it as a comfortable, stylish living room.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
One of warmth, caring, professionalism and hope. I want people to come in and feel relaxed and at home. I want them to know that we are passionate about our work, but also make time to enjoy life and create a beautiful environment.
Music is an important part of my life and I wanted to incorporate that into my space, so we play music in the waiting room. My husband Dr. Bruce Campbell is also a DJ.
We have carefully curated a playlist that provides a musical backdrop that is upbeat, hopeful and relaxing.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
Water is available as well as hopeful/fun coffee table books and upbeat music.
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
I originally worked with a company called Busybee to design the space. My husband, who also has a great design eye, was instrumental in selecting furnishings, colors and the layout of each room.
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
Bring elements of your personal style into your space. Create less of an “office” and more of a living / nurturing space.
Incorporate vibrant colors if you like them. Don’t be afraid to play music that is hopeful and uplifting.
Make sure furniture is wipe-able. Rugs should be able to handle high traffic. Check the space for soundproofing and add carpet, insulation or noise machines to absorb sound.
Don’t be afraid to hire a designer if you can; it will save time.
Make it a place that you love to come to each day!
Monica T. Campbell is a Licensed Psychologist in Philadelphia, PA…
Monica T. Campbell, Ph.D. & Associates is a group practice. Khalida Sethi, LCSW is a member of the team.
Learn more at: