FP fans, meet Kim Rapach, a therapist in Barrington, IL!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
Our office is warm, inviting and peaceful.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
We want our office to be a safe and calm space where clients can step away from the chaos of life, lay their burdens at the door, and focus solely on the therapeutic process that brings healing to their lives.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
We have classical music playing in the waiting room, and the sound machine can be overheard from the hallway. Water, mints and all sorts of teas, coffees etc. are available to clients and caregivers.
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
We designed the office as a team, and gleaned a lot of assistance from our friends and family members.
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
Imagine what vibe you want your clients (and yourself) to feel. Allow yourself to make changes along the way. Creativity is a process.
Kim Rapach is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Barrington, IL…
Learn more about her work at: