FP fans, meet Adriana Alejandre, a therapist in Porter Ranch, CA!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
Clients and colleagues have described my office as being calming, inviting of personal thoughts, and very comfortable, both emotionally and physically. The natural tones with burgundy hues incorporate a modern, soothing atmosphere in a professional yet homelike way.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
When I was designing and decorating my space, I was hoping to give a vibe of serenity.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
I have the basic such as blankets, pillows and a sound machine. I incorporated some basic comforts like a coffee machine maker, water, and the many client’s favorite, a candy bowl.
More tactile comforts in my office are a mini zen garden and floof, a weightless molding clay-like compound.
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
The room belongs to my former supervisor, Laurel Wiig, who upgraded me to this room. I had been slowly integrating and redecorating the room on my own to keep the modern, comfortable look.
My inspiration came from Laurel’s room décor and blogs I had looked at to give me that kick-start.
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
Starting out can be difficult financially, so I would recommend looking at gently used furniture. Once you begin to make a profit, you can replace your furniture.
Some have envisioned of what they want their office to look like and have a better idea, but others like myself have no clue where to start. To become inspired, look at blogs of various office spaces, magazines, or call local office designers for help.
Working in a place where you feel comfortable, will make a difference in the work you do too.
Adriana Alejandre is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (MFT) in Porter Ranch, CA…