FP fans, meet Dr. Maritsa Yzaguirre-Kelley, a therapist from Boca Raton, FL!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
Very zen. Clients feel welcomed and relaxed. It’s very clean and neat.
Clients are encouraged to dress comfortable, kick their shoes off, and just acknowledge this is “me” time.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
A relaxed and comfortable feeling. It’s not clinical like. There is no desk or computers.
The office of full of natural light, live plants, water fountain, and essential oils.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
I always make fresh healthy vegan snacks, fresh fruit, green drinks, water, coffee, tea.
I have a sound machine, rock garden, wishing bowl, essential oil station with my custom blends, diffuser, blankets, sometimes I bring in a therapy dog and stuffed animals.
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
I designed and decorated myself. I looked up and got some ideas on Pinterest, but in the end I just went with what felt right.
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
Think about your ideal client. Think about what you are looking to represent. For many the time and money to go to therapy is a luxury.
Make it a pleasurable experience from start to finish.
First impressions are everything.
Dr. Maritsa Yzaguirre-Kelley is a LMHC & MCAP in Boca Raton, FL…
She has a doctorate in Christian Counseling, and certificates in alternative medicine, NLP, hypnosis, EFT, and time techniques. She is available for Skype appointments.
Learn more about her at: drmaritsakelley.com