FP fans, meet Noreen Iqbal, a therapist in East Brunswick, NJ!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
Our office design was inspired by an Olive Branch. In Ancient Greece, the olive branch symbolized peace.
We want to help you extend that olive branch to not only the important relationships in your life but to yourself as well. Because at the end of the day, we all deserve inner peace.
Our offices give off feelings of warmth, comfort and serenity.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
I hope that clients feel relaxed, comfortable and secure enough to begin their journey towards wellness.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
I wanted the ambiance in our office, to be comfortable and cozy. We have a blanket ladder, a coffee area that is stocked with different flavors of coffee, water and biscotti.
And we always have a candle lit. Our bookcase gives clients the ability to borrow books.
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
I designed our office, with the help of my best friend Shua. We started with the olive branch theme.
I asked my landlord for new floors, and worked our way to pick a soothing paint color, furniture and décor.
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
Never compromise on the furnishings and décor of your office. Your space should serve your clients.
It should be a breath of fresh air. A clutter free, warm, comfortable office space speaks volumes not just for your clients, but for us as therapists.
Noreen Iqbal is a Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) in East Brunswick, NJ…
She is the founder and a psychotherapist at Olive Branch Therapy Group.