FP fans, meet Tara Hedman, a therapist in Colorado Springs, CO!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
I would describe the office as warm, inviting, and safe.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
I hope the office feels comfortable, like somewhere they want to kick their shoes off, curl up in a blanket, and have a cup of coffee.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
We work hard to make the office comfortable. We have chairs with and without arms to accommodate all body types in the conference room.
We have a coffee bar, blankets, soft lighting. Coffee mugs without logo, and great music.
We also have very high quality items. For example, the yoga studio has the nicest blankets, bolsters, mats and straps, as it is important to us that they feel well cared for.
We also have a wonderful therapy dog in the office who everyone loves seeing!
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
I found a couple pictures online that I liked and simply copied them the best I could with good quality items that weren’t nearly as expensive as the designer items in the photos. I did have friends give the thumbs up and thumbs down along the way.
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
The questions I would ask is, “would you be comfortable in your own office?”
If you were the client would you feel nurtured, protected, invited, and like you were seeing someone who knows what they are doing?
Take the time to build up with the pieces you like.
© Fresh Practice