FP fans, meet Melinda Vesely, a therapist in Ottawa, IL!
1) HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF YOUR THERAPY OFFICE?
I have had clients say they look forward to the smell of my office, I keep a diffuser always running with various blends going. People find my office peaceful, safe, and calming.
2) WHAT VIBE DO YOU HOPE YOUR OFFICE GIVES YOUR THERAPY CLIENTS?
I hope that people get a relaxed and safe vibe.
3) DO YOU HAVE ANY CREATURE COMFORTS IN YOUR OFFICE FOR CLIENTS?
I always have a candy dish, water that I offer, and my dog Stella. People love to lay on the couch with stella and talk.
4) WHO DESIGNED AND DECORATED YOUR THERAPY OFFICE? DID YOU GET HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS, COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY?
5) ANY ADVICE FOR THERAPISTS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT AND DESIGNING THEIR OFFICE FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR SEASONED THERAPISTS LOOKING TO REDESIGN THEIR OFFICES?
I love asking my clients for input and help.
Ultimately, I make changes that make me happy and comfortable, because clients will follow my energy. If I’m feeling calm and happy they pick up on that.
© Fresh Practice
Melinda Vesely is an LCPC and CADC with a practice in Ottawa, IL. You can find out more about her practice at: